Manuals and Instructions
Administration of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress Assessments
Online Test Administration Manual for CAASPP Testing—Manual is forthcoming.
TOMS Pre-Administration Guide for CAASPP Testing—Select this link to expand or collapse the list of downloadable options. (Posted 09/05/17)
- TOMS Pre-Administration Guide for CAASPP Testing—Entire manual
- Chapter 1. Adding and Managing Users
- Chapter 2. Passwords, Access, and Logon
- Chapter 3. Test Administration Setup
- Chapter 4. Student Test Assignment
- Chapter 5. Student Test Settings
- Chapter 6. Orders for Paper-Pencil and Special Version Materials
- Chapter 7. Score Status
- Chapter 8. File Uploads
- Chapter 9. Reports
Technical Specifications and Configuration Guide for CAASPP Online Testing—Select this link to expand or collapse the list of downloadable options. (Posted 09/05/17)
Guide to CAASPP Completion Status and Roster Management—Select this link to expand or collapse the list of downloadable options. (Posted 09/22/17)
- Guide to CAASPP Completion Status and Roster Management—Entire manual
- Introduction to the Manual
- Chapter 1: Navigating the Completion Status and Roster Management System—Information about user roles, access, and system features
- Chapter 2: Completion Status Reports—How to generate completion status and test completion rates reports
- Chapter 3: Roster Management—How to add and view rosters
- Chapter 4: Appendixes—User support
CAASPP Security Incidents and Appeals Procedure Guide—Manual is forthcoming.
- LEA CAASPP Coordinator Checklist—Checklist is forthcoming.
- CAASPP Test Site Coordinator Checklist—Checklist is forthcoming.
- Test Administrator Checklist—Checklist is forthcoming.
- Test Examiner Checklists—Checklists are forthcoming.
- Technology Coordinator Checklist (Posted 09/14/17)
CAASPP Administration Instructions:
Test Administration Instructions
- Directions for Administration of the Smarter Balanced Online Summative Assessments and California Science Test—Manual is forthcoming.
- Color Indicators for CAASPP Testing Quick Start Guide (Posted 01/09/17)
Universal Tools, Designated Supports, and Accommodations:
- CAASPP 2017–18 Individual Student Assessment Accessibility Profile (ISAAP) Tool (Excel) (Posted 9/5/17)
- CAASPP 2017–18 Online Student Test Settings Template for Batch Upload—Includes information, specifications, and instructions tabs (Posted 9/5/17)
- Instructions for Using Embedded Glossaries
- Smarter Balanced Guidelines for Read Aloud, Test Reader
- Smarter Balanced Read Aloud Guidelines in Spanish
- Scribing Protocol for Smarter Balanced Assessments
- Multiplication Table
- 100s Number Table
Guides and Guidelines, Including Matrix One
- Accessibility Guide for CAASPP Online Testing—Manual is forthcoming.
Post-Test and Reporting
- Online Reporting System User Guide for CAASPP (Posted 04/27/17)
2016–17 CAASPP Post-Test Guide—Select this link to expand or collapse the list of downloadable options. (Posted 06/13/17)
Quick Start Guides:
- Assessment Target Reports Quick Start Guide (Updated 05/02/16)
- Assessment Target Reports Frequently Asked Questions (Posted 03/11/16)
- TOMS Downloading Student Score Report PDF Files Quick Start Guide (Posted 05/13/16)
- TOMS Spanish-Language Student Score Report Quick Start Guide (Posted 05/13/16)
- Online Reporting System Quick Start Guide (Posted 11/14/16)
Administration of the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments
- Interim Assessment User Guide—New manual is forthcoming.
- Smarter Balanced Digital Library Self Registration Quick Reference Guide (Posted 01/11/17)
- Student Assessment Results (SAR) Extract Dictionary—New file is forthcoming.
- Testing Session Notice: “Unauthorized Electronic Devices May Not Be Used at Any Time During the Testing Session” may be hung where clearly visible to students in the testing environment as a test security reminder.
Administration of the California Spanish Assesment
Manuals and Instructions:
- Materials are forthcoming.
Administration of the Primary Language Test: Standards-based Tests in Spanish for Reading/Language Arts—Optional
Manuals and Instructions:
Materials are forthcoming.
Please refer to the following archive libraries for materials from earlier CAASPP administrations: