Access Electronic SSRs Using a Locally Provided Parent or Student Portal
CAASPP Student Score Reports (SSRs) can be provided electronically using a locally provided parent or student portal. View the Electronic Student Score Reports Benefits English Flyer and the Electronic Student Score Reports Benefits Spanish Flyer to learn more about the benefits electronic student score reports.
Electronic Score Reporting Video
- This video provides an introduction to electronic score reporting and an overview of its benefits. You can view this video online or download it. If your LEA plans to provide Student Score Reports electronically through a locally provided parent or student portal, consider downloading and posting this video to your website to communicate with parents and guardians about electronic Student Score Reports.
Preparing to Provide SSRs Using a Parent or Student Portal
Local educational agencies (LEAs) that are planning to provide all or some SSRs to parents and guardians using a locally provided parent or student portal can prepare by completing the following steps:
- Contact your vendor to activate a parent or student portal if one is available and is not active.
- Ensure that as many parents and guardians as possible have access to the locally provided parent or student portal.
- View the Vendor Integration Testing Schedule web page to ensure your parent or student portal vendor is scheduled for integration testing. Contact CalTAC if your vendor is not on the schedule for integration testing.
- Ensure parent/guardian addresses are updated through the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) regularly to ensure accuracy.
- Engage parents in the use of the parent or student portal by actively providing relevant information such as assignments, grades, and attendance information.
- Research, develop, and implement a plan to increase parent or student portal usage over time.
Establishing Credentials for Secure Transmission of SSRs
To establish a secure connection between the Test Operation Management System (TOMS) and your locally provided parent or student portal, LEA CAASPP coordinators must first establish credentials (i.e., a username and password) that can be provided to the LEA’s parent or student portal vendor.
Important Note: To maintain security, credentials must be reset every three months to continue seamless distribution of SSRs. Email reminders will be sent two weeks, one week, three days, and one day prior to expiration of the credentials. Credentials can be reset at any time to restart the 90-day (i.e., three-month) expiration.
- How to Generate Credentials for Student Information System Vendors (Posted 01/31/20)
- How to Regenerate Credentials for Student Information System Vendors (Posted 01/31/20)
Information for Parent Portal Vendors
Amazon Web Services (AWS)—with the Amazon Simple Storage Service and the Amazon Key Management Service—provides encrypted access for parents and guardians to view their child’s electronic SSR, which is available as a PDF.
- Application Program Interface (API) Specifications for parent or student portal vendors. (Updated 03/20/20)
Information for Parent/Guardians
LEA staff will need to communicate with parents/guardians about the new process for accessing their child’s SSR. To assist with your LEA’s communication efforts, the following resources are available that can be used or modified for use with parents/guardians:
- View the Electronic Student Score Reports Communications Toolkit to learn more about how to communicate this transition to parents and guardians.