Download Student Score Reports from the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) and Make Available Electronically Via a Secure Local Method
CAASPP Student Score Reports (SSRs) PDF files can be downloaded from TOMS and made available to parents/guardians electronically via a secure local method.
Preparing to Provide SSRs Electronically
Local educational agencies (LEAs) that are planning to provide all or some SSRs to parents and guardians electronically can prepare by completing the following steps:
- Determine the technology to be used for secure electronic distribution.
- Validate security to ensure that the selected distribution method adequately protects student personally identifiable information (PII) and adheres to the LEA’s local security policies.
- Review the Quick Reference Guide: How to Bulk Download Student Score Reports.
- Ensure parent/guardian addresses are updated through the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) regularly to ensure accuracy.
- Develop a plan to ensure parents are prepared to receive SSRs through the LEA’s secure local method.
Maintaining Security of Student PII
Any method for providing SSRs to parents and guardians electronically must be secure and protect student PII that is contained in the SSRs. Some examples of providing secure electronic SSRs include, but are not limited to:
- Password-protect the SSR PDF file, send it to parent/guardian via email, and then send the password in a separate email
- Use a third-party secure software that provides the parent/guardian access to the SSR PDF file
Information for Parent/Guardians
LEA staff will need to communicate with parents/guardians about the new process for accessing their child’s SSR. To assist with your LEA’s communication efforts, the following resources are available that can be used or modified for use with parents/guardians:
- View the Electronic Student Score Reports Communications Toolkit to learn more about how to communicate this transition to parents and guardians.