Purchase Paper SSRs from Educational Testing Service (ETS)
CAASPP paper Student Score Reports (SSRs) can be purchased from ETS and distributed to parents/guardians using a distribution method determined locally. To get an overview of what your LEA could order, please view the Purchasing 2018–19 Paper SSRs Flyer.
Pricing of SSRs
SSRs will cost $1.48 per set of paper SSRs. LEAs also have the option to purchase SSRs inserted into envelopes for $2.00. For this option, each SSR will come in a separate envelope. View the following paper SSRs available for purchase on the Purchasing 2018–19 Paper SSRs Flyer.
Preparing to Order Paper SSRs
LEAs that are planning to order all or some paper SSRs from ETS can prepare by completing the following steps:
- Identify the student/parent population that will require paper SSRs.
- Estimate the number of students you will need to order paper SSRs for, keeping in mind that additional SSRs for students taking the CAST, CSA, or both will also cost $1.48 or $2.00 per pair of additional SSRs.
- Estimate the cost for all paper SSRs in order to prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs.
- Ensure parent/guardian addresses are updated through the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) regularly to ensure accuracy.
Ordering SSRs in TOMS
The ability to order paper Student Score Reports (SSRs) is available in Test Operations Management System (TOMS). LEAs that would like to request paper SSRs to be printed and shipped to the LEA by ETS for a fee will have the opportunity to order printed SSRs in TOMS starting on April 1, 2019.
LEAs must request paper CAASPP SSRs prior to the end of the state testing window on July 15, 2019, and paper ELPAC SSRs prior to June 28, 2019. LEA CAASPP or LEA ELPAC coordinators should contact the California Technical Assistance Center by July 15 to cancel an order. LEAs should prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs after ordering from CalTAC.
- How to Order Paper SSRs in Bulk (Posted 04/25/19)
- How to Order Paper SSRs by Student (Posted 04/25/19)
- How to View a Report: Ordered Paper SSRs Guide (Posted 04/25/19)
Printing and Packaging Considerations
When ordering paper SSRs from ETS, you should be aware of the following details:
- Boxes of SSRs are sorted by local educational agency and school, with dividers between each school group of SSRs. Groups of school SSRs are sorted by grade and are in alphabetical order by student last name.
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the California Alternate Assessments (English language arts/literacy or mathematics) SSRs are printed on 11"×17" paper to include all four pages of the enhanced SSR on one sheet of paper. This larger paper size ensures that the pages in a student’s SSR cannot be separated. However, LEAs who want to order the folded and inserted into an envelope option or the 8.5"×11" paper size for their entire LEA will need to call CalTAC.
- 8.5"×11" paper SSRs can be folded to fit in a standard #10 envelope with a window.
- 11"×17" paper SSR can be folded to fit in a standard 6"×9" envelope.
- CAST and CSA SSRs are printed on 8.5"×11" paper.
- SSRs are printed in color.
- SSRs will include the parent/guardian address at no additional charge to the LEA.
- Two copies of the paper SSR are included in a set, either two in English, or one in English and one in the student’s primary language if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin (traditional Chinese), and Filipino.
- CSA SSRs are available in English and Spanish only.
- All SSRs will be shipped to the LEA; no additional boxes will be included for shipping to school sites.
Important Note: Although Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the California Alternate Assessments (English language arts/literacy or mathematics) SSRs will fit in a standard #10 envelope with a window by folding in half and then again into thirds, many folding machines cannot accommodate the secondary fold when the paper is folded into thirds.
Distributing SSRs to Parents/Guardians
Once the paper SSRs arrive at the LEA, there are a variety of distribution methods. Some examples of distributing paper SSRs to parents/guardians include, but are not limited to
- mailing to the home address,
- sending home with the student, or
- notifying parent/guardian the SSR can be picked up at the school site.
Paper SSRs will be printed and shipped in August for Smarter Balanced and California Alternate Assessments for ELA and mathematics. LEAs will receive an additional shipment in December or January that will include CAST and CSA SSRs.
Important Note: Postage costs may vary depending upon the number of SSRs to be mailed.
Application for 2018‒19 Student Score Report Assistance
Full or partial assistance is available to assist LEAs with the cost of purchasing paper SSRs from ETS for the 2018‒19 administration. LEAs that demonstrate that the projected cost of ordering printed SSRs from ETS exceeds the cost that was spent to distribute SSRs to parents in previous years, and include a well-developed plan for adopting electronic reporting, will be considered for assistance. The Application for 2018‒19 Student Score Report Assistance closed on December 14, 2018. If you missed the application deadline and you meet the eligibility criteria, contact the CAASPP Office by phone at 916-445-8765 or by email at email@example.com.