Purchase Paper SSRs from Educational Testing Service (ETS)
CAASPP paper Student Score Reports (SSRs) can be purchased from ETS and distributed to parents/guardians using a distribution method determined locally.
Pricing of SSRs
SSRs will cost $1.48 per set of paper SSRs. Two copies of the paper SSR are included in a set, either two in English, or one in English and one in the student’s primary language if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin (Chinese Traditional), or Filipino. This cost includes the printing of the parent/guardian address. The following paper SSRs are available:
|SSR Type||Pages Per SSR||Cost Per Set|
|Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the California Alternate Assessments (English language arts/literacy or mathematics)||4||$1.48|
|California Science Test (CAST)||2||$1.48|
|California Spanish Assessment (CSA)||2||$1.48|
|English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)||2||$1.48|
Preparing to Order Paper SSRs
LEAs that are planning to order all or some paper SSRs from ETS can prepare by completing the following steps:
- Identify the student/parent population that will require paper SSRs.
- Estimate the number of sets of paper SSRs you will need to order, keeping in mind that additional SSRs will be needed for students taking the CAST, CSA, or both ($1.48 per pair of additional SSRs).
- Review the Ordering SSRs Quick Start Guide (forthcoming).
- Estimate the cost for all paper SSRs in order to prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs.
- Ensure parent/guardian addresses are updated through the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) regularly to ensure accuracy.
Ordering SSRs in TOMS
Paper SSRs can be ordered in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS).
- Review the Ordering SSRs Quick Reference Guide (forthcoming).
- Prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs.
Printing and Packaging Considerations
When ordering paper SSRs from ETS, you should be aware of the following details:
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the California Alternate Assessments (English language arts/literacy or mathematics) SSRs are printed on 11 x 17 inch paper to include all four pages of the enhanced SSR on one sheet of paper. This larger paper size ensures that the pages in a student’s SSR cannot be separated. However, LEAs will be provided the option to choose 8 ½ x 11 inch paper if needed.
- CAST and CSA SSRs are printed on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper.
- SSRs are printed in color.
- SSRs will include the parent/guardian address at no additional charge to the LEA.
- Two copies of the paper SSR are included in a set, either two in English, or one in English and one in the student’s primary language if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin (Chinese Traditional), and Filipino.
- CSA SSRs are available in English and Spanish only.
- All SSRs will be shipped to the LEA; no additional boxes will be included for shipping to school sites.
- Paper SSRs can be folded to fit in a standard #10 envelope with a window.
Important Note: Although Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the California Alternate Assessments (English language arts/literacy or mathematics) SSRs will fit in a standard #10 envelope with a window by folding in half and then again into thirds, many folding machines cannot accommodate the secondary fold when the paper is folded into thirds.
Additional printing and packaging options that offer preferred services to LEAs at an additional cost may be available to LEAs at a later date.
Distributing SSRs to Parents/Guardians
Once the paper SSRs arrive at the LEA, there are a variety of distribution methods. Some examples of distributing paper SSRs to parents/guardians include, but are not limited to
- mailing to the home address,
- sending home with the student, or
- notifying parent/guardian the SSR can be picked up at the school site.
Paper SSRs will be printed and shipped in August for Smarter Balanced and California Alternate Assessments for ELA and mathematics. LEAs will receive an additional shipment in November or December that will include CAST and CSA SSRs.
Important Note: Postage costs may vary depending upon the number of SSRs to be mailed.
Application for 2018‒19 Student Score Report Assistance
Full or partial assistance is available to assist LEAs with the cost of purchasing paper SSRs from ETS for the 2018‒19 administration. LEAs that demonstrate that the projected cost of ordering printed SSRs from ETS exceeds the cost that was spent to distribute SSRs to parents in previous years, and include a well-developed plan for adopting electronic reporting, will be considered for assistance. The Application for 2018‒19 Student Score Report Assistance closed on December 14, 2018. If you missed the application deadline and you meet the eligibility criteria, contact the CAASPP Office by phone at 916-445-8765 or by email at email@example.com.