Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress—Making Enrollment Changes
Click on or select a question to see its answer, or check the “Show all answers” box to see all answers.
- If a student leaves one local educational agency (LEA) before the academic year ends and enrolls in another LEA, what happens to his or her scores from the LEA where he or she was tested?
- If a student completes testing in all content areas at one LEA and then transfers to and enrolls at a new LEA, the student will not be tested at the new LEA, but the student’s score report will be provided to the new LEA.
- How long will student data continue to show in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) after students are exited from the school in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) for the end-of-year reporting?
- The data in CALPADS and TOMS are updated nightly, with the following approximate turnaround times for CALPADS changes to be reflected in TOMS:
Turnaround times for CALPADS changes to be reflected in TOMS Local educational agency uploads new enrollments or changes in CALPADS on: Enrollments/changes show up in TOMS on the morning of: Monday Wednesday Tuesday Thursday Wednesday Friday Thursday Monday Friday Tuesday
- If necessary, will the California Technical Assistance Center (CalTAC) be able to correct students’ grade-level information for new students during the testing window?
- This applies only to summative assessments: If a student has not completed testing and a change to the assessed grade is requested, the LEA will need to submit a Security and Test Administration Incident Report (STAIRS) form. Once the STAIRS form has been processed and a case number has been assigned, an appeal to reset the test(s) the student has already taken can be submitted so that the student can retake the test(s). For additional information, see the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress STAIRS Process for Summative Assessments Web page.
- If a student moves to a new LEA, what action should the LEA take if data for that student continue to appear in TOMS?
- Please consult with the CALPADS coordinator to determine if the student has been updated in CALPADS. If the student has been updated in CALPADS and continues to appear in TOMS, the LEA CAASPP coordinator should contact CalTAC.
- If a student changes schools during testing and the performance task for the new school is different, which performance task does the student complete?
- Once started, a student’s performance task will follow him or her between schools and LEAs.