Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- Various CAASPP and ELPAC systems will be unavailable for scheduled system downtime Friday, October 30, at 5 p.m. through Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 8 a.m. For additional details, see the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page.
Implications of COVID-19Please visit the Implications of COVID-19 and the Suspension of Summative Testing web page for up-to-date information and updates on the impacts of the changes in regard to the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This can be found within the [About] navigation tab. Details will be added and updated on this web page as they become available. The “Last Updated” date will allow LEAs to easily monitor when a change occurs.
- The Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments will remain available to be administered remotely, without the use of a secure browser, through the 2020–2021 school year. Visit the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments page to find directions and resources for using the interim assessments for distance learning.
The Matching Accessibility Resources to Student Needs virtual training provides guidance in assigning accessibility resources appropriately for the CAASPP and ELPAC. The next available trainings are scheduled for October 26 and 27, from 1–3 p.m. To learn more, please visit the event registration page .
- The 2020 Interim and Formative Assessment Training Series provides guidance on how to locally train on the topic of Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments, Tools for Teachers, hand scoring, and more. The next available trainings are scheduled for October 20 and 29, from 3–5 p.m. For more information on how to access materials and live trainings, visit the 2020 Interim and Formative Assessment Training Series listing.
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, March 18, 2020