Student Score Reports (SSRs) for 2021–22
SSRs that LEAs provide to parents/guardians are available electronically. Information about transitioning to electronic SSRs can be found on the Student Score Report Options web page. To view a sample SSR for each of the content areas, visit the CAASPP Sample Student Score Reports web page.
|SSR Type||Pages Per SSR||Estimated Release|
|California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics*||4||June 2022|
|California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA and mathematics||4||June 2022|
|California Science Test (CAST)**||2||June 2022|
|CAA for Science||2||November 2022|
|California Spanish Assessment (CSA)||2||September 2022|
* CAASPP Smarter Balanced English language ELA and mathematics results will be released into the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) independently, providing earlier results to LEAs. In prior years, results for individual students were not released to CERS until both the student's ELA and mathematics assessments were completed and scored. The CAASPP Smarter Balanced individual Student Score Reports will continue to be released after both the student's ELA and mathematics assessments are completed and scored, or at the end of the test administration window.
** The Student Score Data Files and the Test Results for California's Assessments website will display California Science Test (CAST) results for the graduating students in grade twelve, including students who took the high school CAST in grade ten or grade eleven.
SSR Cover Letter Templates
SSR cover letter templates are available for LEA staff to customize and send to parents/guardians along with the child's SSR. SSR cover letter templates are available for CAASPP, CAAs, and CSA in English, Spanish, Standard Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, and Armenian. These letters are an optional resource and are not required to be sent with the SSR.
CAASPP Student Data File Layout
- 2021–22 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Posted 05/26/22)
- 2020–21 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Posted 07/12/21)
- 2020–21 CAA for Science Preliminary Indicator Data Layout (Posted 08/19/21)
CAASPP Smarter Balanced Student Growth Report
- CDE Growth Model web page
- CAASPP Smarter Balanced Student Growth Report File Layout (Update 06/16/2021)
Guides and Videos
- California Educator Reporting System (CERS) User Guide
- CAASPP Post-Test Guide
- How to Access Student Score Reports
- How to Access Results
Last Reviewed: March 4, 2022