Electronic Student Score Reports Communications Toolkit
As part of its commitment to build a quality education system in the fast changing world of technology, California is moving its California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Student Score Reports to an electronic format that will be delivered online. The electronic Student Score Reports also will be enhanced, offering a more dynamic way of providing information about how students are progressing in their education.
To help local educational agencies (LEAs) make the transition from paper Student Score Reports to the enhanced, electronic Student Score Reports, California is providing a communications toolkit LEAs can use in their outreach efforts to parents and guardians. The toolkit contains the following components:
- Key messages—Provides an overview of the benefits of electronic Student Score Reports. This document is intended for LEAs to use in their outreach materials to maintain consistent messaging about electronic Student Score Reports.
- SSR Cover Letter Templates available on the Score Reporting web page
- Frequently Asked Questions—A document LEAs can use to help address questions about the electronic Student Score Reports that parents/guardians might ask.
- “How to Talk to Parents/Guardians About Student Score Reports”—Customizable PowerPoint presentation on introducing electronic Student Score Reports and how to help parents and guardians interpret CAASPP and ELPAC scores.
- Available Resources—List of available resources for LEAs and parents/guardians regarding electronic score reporting and CAASPP/ELPAC scores.
- Electronic Score Reporting Informational Video—An overview of the transition to electronic Student Score Reports and the benefits.
- Parent flyer—A one-page informational document about electronic Student Score Reports that can be distributed to parents/guardians.
- Electronic Student Score Reports Benefits English Flyer
- Electronic Student Score Reports Benefits Spanish Flyer
- “Starting Smarter”—Websites for parents/guardians with information on what is being tested on the CAASPP and ELPAC. The websites include sample test questions and information about activities parents can do at home.