Register Now! Accessing Summative Assessment Results in CERS Trainings
CAASPP email update, February 15, 2023.
Dear California Educators:
Registration is now open for the Accessing Summative Assessment Results in CERS spring training. To assist all LEA staff—including coordinators, administrators, and teachers—in preparing to access 2022–23 assessment results in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS), the CDE will offer three training modules. Each module will be presented by LEA staff who use CERS and will include live demonstrations about how to access specific summative assessment results, view and interpret individual score reports, and understand data features (e.g., Lexile and Quantile measures) that are specific to different assessments. There will be time to explore the system features and a question-and-answer period.
Participants can select one or more of the following 75-minute facilitated modules:
- Module One will focus on the Summative English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC), the Summative Alternate ELPAC, and the California Spanish Assessment (CSA).
- Thursday, May 4, 2023, from 9 to 10:15 a.m.
- Module Two will focus on the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics, and the California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA and mathematics.
- Thursday, May 11, 2023, from 9 to 10:15 a.m.
- Module Three will focus on the California Science Test (CAST) and the CAA for science.
- Thursday, May 18, 2023, from 9 to 10:15 a.m.
Please note: This training will build upon the summer and fall 2022 introductory CERS trainings which provided coordinators, administrators, and teachers with an overview of CERS. It is recommended, but not required, that participants have a basic understanding of CERS before attending the spring trainings. The Introduction to CERS for Teachers and the Introduction to CERS for Test Coordinators and Administrators trainings are available for anyone who would like to review them.
If you have any questions about this email, please contact Nikki Antonovich, Coordinator, Sacramento County Office of Education by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Outreach TeamCalifornia Outreach web page