CAASPP and ELPAC Test Administration Reminders
CAASPP email update, February 22, 2023.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
To ensure your site coordinators, test administrators, and test examiners are prepared to administer assessments, please make sure that security forms have been completed in TOMS and testing window dates have been clearly communicated.
Ensuring Security Forms Are Signed so Users Can Access Testing Systems
Please ensure that all users assigned a role in TOMS have signed the security forms by running the Security Forms and Remote Administration Status Report to identify the status of users who have or have not signed the security forms (the security agreement, security affidavit, or both). Note the following about the results:
- Users who have not signed security forms: Ask users to visit either the CAASPP website or the ELPAC website , select the [Test Operations Management System (TOMS)] link on the front page to open the Logon web page. The user will be presented with all required forms once they log into TOMS.
- If the user has never logged in prior or has forgotten their password they can select the [Request one now] link in the "First Time User?" section to request a new account activation email. (Alternatively, send these users this Reset Your Password link.) Users will receive an email from CA-Assessments-DoNotReply@ets.org with a secure verification link that expires within thirty minutes.
- Users who have signed security forms: The report will show the date and time a security form was signed. Note that it can take up to one hour after a security affidavit was signed before a test administrator or test examiner can administer a summative assessment.
CAASPP Test Administration Window
This information does not apply to the ELPAC administration.
Some CAASPP test administrators or test examiners have attempted to test students before their site's test administration window is open. Be sure to communicate the site's test administration window opening and closing dates to CAASPP test site coordinators, test administrators, and test examiners. Testing must occur during the LEA's selected testing window.
Take the following steps to locate the dates for your LEA's CAASPP test administration window(s):
- Log on to TOMS .
- Select the [Admins] button on the top navigation bar.
- Select the [Admin Table] tab.
- If the LEA has multiple administration windows, locate which schools are assigned to each by selecting the [School Admin Assignment] tab.
- Locate the ADMIN CALENDAR SUMMARY column for a specific test administration window and then select the [View Summary] link in its row.
- Identify the LEA's testing window start and end dates in the Selected Testing Dates row.
Additional step-by-step instructions can be found in the CAASPP Test Window Start/End Dates section of the TOMS User Guide.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page