CAASPP and ELPAC: 2020–21 Reporting Timeline
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, April 27, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
Thank you for your continued effort toward administering the CAASPP and ELPAC assessments. For this test administration year, the additional flexibility offered in test administration impacts the timeline for reporting 2020–21 results. Local educational agencies (LEAs) may receive electronic Student Score Reports (SSRs) and Student Score Data Files later than they had in prior years for the following reasons:
- Additional analyses are being performed to ensure the validity of the results across remote and in-person testing.
- Because of the extension of the test administration window to July 30, 2021, and the flexibility offered, it may take a longer than it does in a typical year for results from enough representative test takers across the state to be received to be able to conduct these analyses.
The following list contains the estimated dates for when LEAs can expect to start receiving electronic SSRs, Student Score Data File in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), and preliminary results in the California Educator Reporting System. These projected dates are provided for planning purposes only.
- Summative ELPAC—June 24, 2021
- Smarter Balanced for English language arts/literacy and mathematics and the California Science Test—July 1, 2021
- The remaining CAASPP assessments—September 2021
- Note: For the 2020–21 administration year, preliminary indicators will continue to be reported for the CAA for Science. SSRs for the CAA for Science will not be available.
The final Student Score Data File is currently targeted to be available in TOMS by the following dates:
- Summative ELPAC—October 15, 2021
- CAASPP—September 28, 2021
Please note that the option to purchase printed SSRs from ETS has been discontinued. However, LEAs may opt to print SSR PDFs locally.
More information and finalized release dates will be provided in a future communication. Questions regarding the release of results for 2020–21 testing should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.