Learn How to Match Accessibility Resources to Students’ Needs
CAASPP email update, July 29, 2022.
Dear California Educator:
On behalf of the California Department of Education, ETS is releasing an asynchronous training on the appropriate assignment of accessibility resources in the classroom and for the state assessments (i.e., the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress [CAASPP] and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California [ELPAC]). The Matching Accessibility Resources to Students' Needs videos will be available on August 23, 2022, on the Accessibility Resources Virtual Training Series web page.
Participants will learn about
- the purpose and importance of accessibility resources,
- the different accessibility resource categories,
- the process for matching students with the appropriate accessibility resources for classroom instruction and assessments, and
- a research-based framework (Universal Design for Learning) and the connection it has to accessibility resources.
In addition, two 60-minute working sessions will be held to support the content delivered during the Matching Accessibility Resources to Students video training sessions. You are invited to attend one of these working sessions, which will include application strategies presented during the video series and will give you an opportunity to collaborate with other educators in breakout rooms.
- Session 1: September 6, 2022, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Session 2: September 13, 2022, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Additional sessions will be offered in winter 2022. Look for more information later this year.
Local educational agency (LEA) CAASPP coordinators and LEA ELPAC coordinators are encouraged to view the videos and attend a working session as well as share this training opportunity with special education specialists, curriculum coordinators, and teachers on special assignment who may benefit from this training.
Questions regarding registration for this virtual training should be directed to the California Outreach Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Outreach Team
CAASPP website and ELPAC website
Contact Us: California Outreach web page