Registration Now Open for the Data-Driven Decision-Making Training Series
CAASPP email update, August 30, 2022.
Dear California Test Coordinators and Administrators:
Registration is now open for the 2022–23 Data-Driven Decision-Making Training Series for Educational Leaders!
This training series is designed for school and district leaders, including Teachers on Special Assignment (TOSAs), academic coaches, curriculum staff and others interested in accelerating learning using assessment data. Team attendance is encouraged, and teams could include:
- Assessment coordinators (LEA or site level)
- Curriculum leads
- Teacher leaders or coaches
This training series will consist of four 90-minute modules and will include opportunities for attendees to engage with their statewide assessment data, as well as assessment tools. It is recommended that teams attend one session from each module. The four modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Starting with Summative Results will cover data available from summative assessments and how that can be used as a jumping off point to find areas of opportunity and connections to classroom teaching and learning.
- October 12, 2022, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- October 26, 2022, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- November 7, 2022, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Module 2: The Data and CERS will cover an overview of the CERS system as well as connecting the data in CERS to next steps for classroom instruction.
- January 17, 2023, 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- January 18, 2023, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- January 24, 2023, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Module 3: The Ecosystem of Support will cover how data in CERS can lead to use of Tools for Teachers, the Smarter Balanced Content Explorer, Lexile and Quantile scores, the Smarter Annotated Response Tool, and information on accessibility resources.
- February 15, 2023, 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- February 21, 2023, 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- March 8, 2023, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Module 4: Building Your Local Data System will cover why a local data-driven decision-making system is important, shared examples, as well as protected team planning time to construct actionable steps for creating or improving a robust local system.
- April 24, 2023, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- April 27, 2023, 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- May 2, 2023, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Register for this coordinator and administrator training series at https://cvent.me/xGNX9G .
If you have any questions please contact Nikki Antonovich, Coordinator, Sacramento County Office of Education by email at email@example.com.
California Outreach Team
CAASPP website and ELPAC website
Contact Us: California Outreach web page