REMINDER: Register for the 2020 Interim and Formative Assessment Training Series
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, October 8, 2020.
Dear California Educator:
Materials and registration for the 2020 Interim and Formative Assessment Training Series: Implementing a Comprehensive Assessment System to Improve Learning are now available!
Presented by WestEd on behalf of the California Department of Education, this training series has been developed using a "train-the-trainers" model to assist local educational agency (LEA) staff trainers with presenting materials to the educators at their sites or districts. The training will provide guidance on how to locally train on the following topics, each of which will be presented in a separate module:
- Module 1: Assessment literacy
- Module 2: Performance task design
- Module 3: Scoring performance tasks
- Module 4: Claims and targets
- Module 5: Hand scoring practice
- Module 6: Formative assessment process and Tools for Teachers
- Module 7: Interim assessment resources and systems
How to Access the Training Materials
For each module, a stand-alone PowerPoint presentation and associated resources are included. There is also an overview video to orient trainers to all of the included materials. To download the materials for the 2020 Interim and Formative Assessment Training Series, log on to the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) , select the [Resources] tab, and then select Interim Assessment Secure Materials - Training from the Available Materials list. Please note: Materials for modules two, three, and five contain secure test items and may not be shared beyond LEA staff members.
There will be three live webinars to provide LEA trainers additional guidance and support as well as two live Office Hours sessions, where participants can ask subject-matter experts questions about the training.
To register for these live sessions, visit the Zoom webinar registration web page.
The dates are as follows:
- Facilitator Support Webinar—Systems and Resources
- What: This webinar will focus on modules that address systems and resources, including modules 1, 6, and 7.
- When: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 3–5 p.m.
- Facilitator Support Webinar—English Language Arts/Literacy (ELA)
- What: This webinar will focus on ELA-related modules, including modules 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A.
- When: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 3–5 p.m.
- Facilitator Support Webinar—Mathematics
- What: This webinar will focus on mathematics-related modules, including modules 2B, 3B, 4B, and 5B.
- When: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 3–5 p.m.
- Office Hours, Session #2
- What: This is an open Q&A session about the training and materials.
- When: Thursday, October 29, 2020, 3–5 p.m.
Questions regarding the 2020 Interim and Formative Assessment Training Series should be directed to CalOutreach@ets.org.