CAASPP: Updated Student Score Data File Available on November 15
CAASPP email update, November 14, 2022.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator:
The CAASPP Student Score Data File will be updated to include California Alternate Assessment (CAA) for Science results on November 15, 2022. Results will be released in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) and in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) on November 15, 2022. California Alternate Assessment (CAA) for Science Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be released on November 16, 2022.
The [Reporting] tab of a student's profile in TOMS allows the user to access reporting information for an individual student that includes the following details:
- Reporting language of the student's SSR
- Date the SSR was made available
- A link to download the SSR PDF in English or another language, when available
Users can access and download SSRs individually or as one large file. Resources include the following:
- How to Download Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS video
- How to Bulk Download Student Score Reports quick reference guide
CAASPP Student Score Data File and Layout
The 2021–22 CAASPP Student Data File Layout is also available in the TOMS [Reports] tab. The student data file layout includes field descriptions, acceptable values for fields, and data sources.
The data file contains individual student results for each test. Aggregated student results will be available during the embargoed preview on the Test Results for California's Assessments public web reporting site. The data file includes results for all students who took the following assessments:
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics
- California Science Test
- CAAs for ELA, mathematics, and science
- California Spanish Assessment
To download the Student Score Data File, follow the steps outlined in the CAASPP Student Score Data File Report section of the TOMS User Guide . The demographic data for the LEA's enrolled students is based on enrollment numbers at the end of the testing window. Please note that the Student Score Data File for LEAs will be available in Excel format. For larger LEAs, whose student records exceed 200,000, the Excel file will be split into multiple tabs.
Accessing Information in CERS
- LEA users can access CERS using a TOMS user account. Once in CERS, the user can search by student, school, or assigned groups from the "Access Assessment Results" section on the CERS landing page, depending on the user's role. The following actions are available in CERS:
- To download a file containing student results, an LEA user can select the [Custom Aggregate Report] button and customize a yearly, longitudinal, claim or domain, or composite score report for an LEA or school.
- To export a CSV file containing all the LEA or school assessment results that can be used for analysis in another application, an LEA user can also select the [District/School Exports] button.
- Aggregated area and claim results for the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for ELA and mathematics are not available in CERS for 2020–21 and 2021–22.
For more information, refer to the CERS User Guide . Refer to the Creating Groups in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) video for a demonstration of how to create groups to allow specific users access to assigned student results.
Direct any questions about CAASPP reporting for the 2021–22 test administration to the LEA's assigned LEA Success Agent . Visit the California Outreach web page for other support options.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page