CAASPP: CAAs for ELA and Mathematics Test Examiner Tutorials Available
CAASPP email update, December 10, 2020.
Dear California Educator:
The 2020–21 California Alternate Assessment (CAA) Test Examiner Tutorials are now available to support administration of the California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics. These required sets of tutorials are composed of modules covering the CAA general administration and content areas.
Test examiners may select from one of three tutorials:
- CAA general administration and CAAs for ELA and mathematics—Completion time: approximately 40 minutes
- CAA general administration and CAA for Science—Completion time: approximately 50 minutes
- CAA general administration and CAAs for ELA, mathematics, and science—Completion time: approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes
What follows are some of the topics that will be covered in the tutorials:
- Second Scoring for CAA ELA
- Test examiner roles and responsibilities
- Test security protocols
- Assigning accessibility resources
- How testing works
- How to determine version assignments
- Directions for Administration
After viewing the tutorials, test examiners can download and print a certificate of completion. The certificate of completion is required for all test examiners to administer the CAAs.
Test examiners with questions about CAA administration should address them to their CAASPP test site coordinator. CAASPP test site coordinators should address questions to their local educational agency (LEA) CAASPP coordinator. LEA CAASPP coordinators can address questions to the California Technical Assistance Center by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.