- Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
- Test Administrator Interface
- Practice & Training Tests
- Secure Browsers
Online Reporting System
(including Completion Status)
- Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System
- Interim Assessment Reporting System
Latest News and Tips for the 2015 CAASPP Administration
- The CDE Academic Accountability Unit (AAU) released guidance on April 22 and May 12 on participation calculations for the 2015 Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). Please refer to the information on the CDE AAU Web page or contact AAU by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 916-319-0863. Calls to CalTAC about accountability or AYP will be referred on to AAU.
- For the latest information on availability of preliminary student results in the Online Reporting System (ORS) by grade level and subject, please refer to the CAASPP Reporting Web page.
- Educator Involvement Opportunity! The California Department of Education (CDE) is now accepting applications from California educators to join the Digital Library State Network of Educators (SNE). The application deadline is Friday, May 22, 2015. For further information about this opportunity, please visit the CDE Digital Library Web page.
- In order to perform system maintenance and upgrades, the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) will experience downtime from 6 p.m. Pacific time (PT) on Friday, May 22, through 8 a.m. PT on Saturday, May 23.
- In order to perform system maintenance and upgrades, the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) will experience downtime from 6 p.m. Pacific time (PT) on Friday, June 5, through 8 a.m. PT on Saturday, June 6.
- The delays experienced at some schools using the CAASPP system on April 30, 2015, before 10 a.m. were the result of a software update to devices used for testing. They were not due to any outside effort to compromise the system. The software update, designed to improve online accommodations for students with special needs, created a one-time delay as students logged on. Steps have been taken to avoid this occurring in the future.
- California educators are invited to apply to hand score the CAASPP Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments:
- Apple recently released the 10.10.3 operating system. While the secure browser will eventually be compatible with this new operating system, we recommend that you maintain your current operating system.
- Information regarding the CAA Field Test is available on the CAASPP California Alternate Assessments (CAA) Web page.
- Classroom Activity assignments and Classroom Activities were posted on 3/02/15. Please note the following about Classroom Activities:
California Testing in 2015
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this Web site to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for the 2015 test administration.
LEAs are administering three types of tests in 2015:Smarter Balanced Tests:
- English language arts/literacy and mathematics in grades 3–8 and 11
- California Standards Tests (CSTs) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10
- California Modified Assessment (CMA) for Science–grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the eligibility requirements to take this instead of a CST for Science
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for Science–grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the CAPA requirements
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for Reading/Language Arts–grades 2–11 (optional)
- Field Tests in English–language arts and mathematics in grades 3–8 and 11