Smarter Balanced ART is experiencing system issues. Smarter Balanced is actively working to resolve the issues. We will provide an update as soon as we are able.
Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The CDE recently moved CALPADS to a new environment and updated the user interface. CALPADS was brought back online on October 3, 2018, but began experiencing technical issues and is now offline for the next few days. The creation of new accounts has been suspended until CALPADS is stable and back online. Status updates will be posted throughout the next few days.
- Information about the new features and enhancements to the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) can be viewed on the TOMS Resource web page. (Posted 07/30/18)
- Student Score Reports Guides are posted! For more information about Smarter Balanced, California Alternate Assessment, and Standards-based Tests in Spanish, visit the Student Score Reporting web page. (Posted 07/24/18)
- The Preliminary Indicator Communications Toolkit for Science Assessments is now available on the California Department of Education CAASPP System web page. The toolkit includes key messages, a reporting timeline, frequently asked questions, letter templates, and other tools to assist local educational agencies in communicating about the preliminary indicators. (Posted 4/5/18)
- California teachers are invited to contribute their expertise to the test development process. Fill out an online application to be considered for CAASPP review activities. (Posted 7/21/16)
- CAASPP Summer Institute, 2018 from July–September 2018 (See the calendar for exact dates.)
Registration is now available.
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests in 2018–19:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment