Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The next webcast, CAASPP and ELPAC Pretest Webcast, is scheduled for Friday, January 31, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Looking for Secure Browsers? They can now be accessed from the Additional Resources section on the website.
- The Interim Assessment Video Series offers a great way to learn about the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments. The series acquaints viewers with the online systems that are used to view, administer, score, and report the interim assessments. Five modules are included, each ranging from approximately three to ten minutes in length. Most of the modules are accompanied by a video demonstration that shows, step by step, the features of the system. Modules one through four have just been updated, and module five will be updated next month. The updated modules can be found on the Interim Assessment Administration Resources web page, or accessed directly from the California Department of Education’s Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Video Series web page.
- Registration has opened for the 2019–20 CAASPP and ELPAC Pretest Workshop. Access the workshop registration and dates on the Training Dates page.
Announcement of upcoming events is forthcoming.
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment