- Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
- Test Administrator Interface
- Practice & Training Tests
- Secure Browsers
Online Reporting System
(including Completion Status)
Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The practice and training tests and Interim Viewing System will have scheduled downtime from 9 p.m. Pacific time (PT) on Thursday, February 25 through 9 p.m. PT on Sunday, February 28, 2016. (Posted 2/10/16.)
- The Test Operations Management System (TOMS) will have scheduled downtime from 5 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on Friday, March 18 through 7 p.m. PT on Sunday, March 20, 2016. (Posted 2/10/16.)
- The test delivery system (Test Administrator Interface, student testing application) and the Online Reporting System will have scheduled downtime from 4 p.m. PT on Thursday, April 7 through 4 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 10, 2016. (Posted 2/10/16.)
- In addition to the interim assessments currently available, the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments are now available for local educational agencies (LEAs) with a selected testing window that opened prior to or on January 19, 2016. (Posted 1/19/16.)
- The 2014–15 version of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Test Operations Management System (TOMS) is no longer in operation as of December 31, 2015. Data download files that contain the student-level test results from the LEA’s 2014–15 CAASPP administration are now available in the Reports section of the 2015–16 version of TOMS. (Posted 1/19/16.)
- Access to the Digital Library is slowed when search filters are used. Try searching with a minimal number of filters or view the site without utilizing the filter options. The Digital Library contractor is working to resolve this issue; an update will be posted when this has been corrected. (Posted 1/21/16.)
- For 2015–16, several new user roles are available within TOMS. Please refer to the 2015–16 User Role Guidance document, a short reference sheet for local educational agency (LEA) CAASPP and test site coordinators to use when identifying the appropriate user roles for staff at their site.
- As of October 15, 2015, your username for the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), the Test Administrator (TA) Interface, TA Practice and Training Tests, Interim Assessment Viewing System, Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System, and Online Reporting System is your e-mail address.
- California educators are invited to show interest in handscoring the 2015–16 CAASPP Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for ELA (short text and essay responses) or mathematics (short text responses)—Apply now!
California Testing in 2015–16
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this Web site to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for the 2015 test administration.
LEAs are administering three types of tests in 2015:Smarter Balanced Tests:
- English language arts/literacy and mathematics in grades 3–8 and grade 11
- California Standards Tests (CSTs) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10
- California Modified Assessment (CMA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the eligibility requirements to take this instead of a CST for Science
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the CAPA requirements
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for Reading/Language Arts—grades 2–11 (optional)
- Tests in English–language arts and mathematics in grades 3–8 and grade 11