CAASPP Student Score Reports (SSRs) for students in grades four through eight contain an error in regard to the school average score for each of the prior two years. Please note that student scores, student achievement levels, state average scores, and current-year school averages are not affected and are accurately reported on the SSRs. Additional information can be found in the CAASPP Known Issues Log.
Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The Interim Assessment Reporting System will be down for system maintenance beginning at 5 p.m. on June 26, 2019, and will be available on June 27, 2019, after 8 a.m.
- The California Technical Assistance Center will be closed Thursday and Friday, July 4‒5, 2019, for the Independence Day holiday. All phone calls and emails will be returned when the office reopens on Monday, July 8, 2019.
- 2019‒20 planned system downtime dates are now available on the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page. Select the downtime dates listed on the pages to determine which system(s) will be inactive. (Posted 5/21/19)
- The Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System (STAIRS) video tutorial is now available on the Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting Systems page under “Training Videos.”
- 2019 Summer Institute (July–August)
The 2019 Summer Institute is a two-day, in-person, professional development opportunity titled "Analyzing Student Work and Using the Interim and Digital Library Systems to Inform Teaching and Learning." The Summer Institute is for classroom teachers, instructional coaches, and teachers on special assignment in kindergarten through grade twelve looking to understand how different types of assessment work together to support student learning. Participants will be trained on analysis and hand scoring of student work in order to help improve teaching and learning. However, administrators also may find this training useful to inform their support of classroom teachers. Participants are required to have a Digital Library account and should sign up prior to attending. Register here. You may want to print and display the workshop flyer to advertise this training opportunity..
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests in 2018–19:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment