- Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
- Test Administrator Interface
- Practice & Training Tests
- Secure Browsers
Online Reporting System
(including Completion Status)
- Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System
- Interim Assessment Reporting System
Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- CAASPP systems, including the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), Test Administrator Interface, and the Interim Assessment Viewing System, are scheduled to experience downtime from Thursday, October 1 through Wednesday October 14, 2015. Please note that you will not be able to administer the interim assessments during this time. See the e-mail to LEAs for a complete list of affected systems.
- Educational Testing Service will conduct two sets of in-person training workshops October 19–October 29, 2015: Digital Library and Interim Assessment Clinics for local educational agency (LEA) California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) coordinators and Interim Assessment Hand Scoring Workshops for teachers. Each set of workshops will be presented at eight locations throughout California.
- California educators are invited to show interest in handscoring the 2015–16 CAASPP Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for ELA (short text and essay responses) or mathematics (short text responses)—Apply now!
California Testing in 2015–16
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this Web site to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for the 2015 test administration.
LEAs are administering three types of tests in 2015:Smarter Balanced Tests:
- English language arts/literacy and mathematics in grades 3–8 and grade 11
- California Standards Tests (CSTs) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10
- California Modified Assessment (CMA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the eligibility requirements to take this instead of a CST for Science
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the CAPA requirements
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for Reading/Language Arts—grades 2–11 (optional)
- Tests in English–language arts and mathematics in grades 3–8 and grade 11