Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The archive webcast and PowerPoint slides with notes for the 2018–19 CAASPP and ELPAC Pretest Administration Workshop is now available on the bottom of the Videos and Archived Webcasts page.
- The California Department of Education (CDE) is pleased to announce a new contest, Science – It’s Elementary! Open to kindergarten through grade five California public school teachers, the CDE is calling for submissions demonstrating the use of the formative assessment process in the study of science. The contest seeks to feature classrooms where the formative assessment process is used to guide the study of science phenomena based on the California Next Generation Science Standards (CA NGSS).
- The California Alternate Assessment (CAAs) for Science webcast is now available on the Videos and Archived Webcasts page. The webcast provides background information on the CAA for Science, a new planning resource called the Administration Planning Guide, the step-by-step sequence of how an embedded performance task, or embedded PT, is administered, test security procedures, checklists, reporting and tracking, and the training resources that were developed this year.
- The California Science Test (CAST) Periodic Table is now available on the CAST information web page. The CAST assessments for grade eight and high school include a periodic table and a reference list of formulas that students may access during online testing as universal tools. Files that contain a periodic table of elements and reference list of formulas that can be embossed in braille are forthcoming. (Posted 11/16/2018)
- California teachers are invited to contribute their expertise to the test development process. Fill out an online application to be considered for CAASPP review activities. (Posted 7/21/16)
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests in 2018–19:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment