Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- Various CAASPP and ELPAC systems will be unavailable for scheduled system downtime Friday, August 14 at 5 p.m. through Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 8 a.m. For additional details, see the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page.
- The Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments will remain available to be administered remotely, without the use of a secure browser, through the 2020–2021 school year. Visit the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments page to find directions and resources for using the interim assessments for distance learning.
- Superintendents need to designate a primary LEA CAASPP coordinator for the 2020–2021 CAASPP administration by completing the CAASPP coordinator designation process by July 1, 2020. For more information, refer to the Action Needed: Designate an LEA CAASPP Coordinator for the 2020-2021 CAASPP Administration email.
The next webcast, Preparing Technology for Online CAASPP and ELPAC Assessments, is scheduled for September 9, 2020, from 1–2:30 p.m.
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, March 18, 2020