Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The 2018–19 CAASPP Results Are In. Now What? Workshop webcast is scheduled for Tuesday, June 4, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific time.
- 2019‒20 planned system downtime dates are now available on the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page. Select the downtime dates listed on the pages to determine which system(s) will be inactive. (Posted 5/21/19)
- The Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System (STAIRS) video tutorial is now available on the Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting Systems page under “Training Videos.”
- Please join us for the 2018–19 CAASPP The Results are In—Now What?
Analyzing Assessment Results to Inform Teaching and Learning workshop. The workshop will focus on analyzing and using previous years’ results to inform teaching and learning amongst related topics. Workshops will occur from May 28 to June 13, 2019. You can view the dates and locations by accessing the calendar. Register Here.
- 2019 Summer Institute (July–August)
The 2019 Summer Institute is a two-day, in-person, professional development opportunity titled "Analyzing Student Work and Using the Interim and Digital Library Systems to Inform Teaching and Learning." The Summer Institute is for classroom teachers, instructional coaches, and teachers on special assignment in kindergarten through grade twelve looking to understand how different types of assessment work together to support student learning. Participants will be trained on analysis and hand scoring of student work in order to help improve teaching and learning. However, administrators also may find this training useful to inform their support of classroom teachers. Participants are required to have a Digital Library account and should sign up prior to attending. Register here. You may want to print and display the workshop flyer to advertise this training opportunity..
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests in 2018–19:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment