If you are using Internet Explorer and are having trouble logging on to the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), you will need to add the system identity management URL https://sso3.airast.org as a Trusted Site. (See the instructions for Adding TOMS Identity Management as a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer.)
Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- The California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) is scheduled to go offline on September 21 and remain down until October 1, 2018. Local educational agencies are encouraged to obtain all necessary Statewide Student Identifiers before this downtime. All statewide test systems, including the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), will remain online during this period but will not receive updates from CALPADS. Updates in CALPADS, which feeds into TOMS, will resume on October 2, 2018.
- On Wednesday, October 3, 2018, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Educational Testing Service (ETS) will present a webcast that includes information about preparing your local educational agency’s (LEA’s) technology for the for 2018–19 California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) online tests and electronic reporting. We recommend both the LEA CAASPP coordinator and the technology coordinator attend this webcast to receive the most up-to-date information about requirements for online testing and the technology solution(s) for electronic reporting.
- Information about the new features and enhancements to the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) can be viewed on the TOMS Resource web page. (Posted 07/30/18)
- Student Score Reports Guides are posted! For more information about Smarter Balanced, California Alternate Assessment, and Standards-based Tests in Spanish, visit the Student Score Reporting web page. (Posted 07/24/18)
- The Preliminary Indicator Communications Toolkit for Science Assessments is now available on the California Department of Education CAASPP System web page. The toolkit includes key messages, a reporting timeline, frequently asked questions, letter templates, and other tools to assist local educational agencies in communicating about the preliminary indicators. (Posted 4/5/18)
- California teachers are invited to contribute their expertise to the test development process. Fill out an online application to be considered for CAASPP review activities. (Posted 7/21/16)
- CAASPP Summer Institute, 2018 from July–September 2018 (See the calendar for exact dates.)
Registration is now available.
Testing in California
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this website to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for test administration.
LEAs are administering the following tests in 2018–19:
English language arts/literacy and mathematics assessments (grades three through eight and grade eleven):
- Smarter Balanced
- California Alternate Assessments (CAAs)
Science assessments (grades five and eight and high school):
- California Science Test
- CAA for Science
Spanish assessments (grades three through eight and high school):
- California Spanish Assessment