- Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
- Test Administrator Interface
- Practice & Training Tests
- Secure Browsers
Online Reporting System
(including Completion Status)
- Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System
- Interim Assessment Reporting System
Latest News and Tips for the CAASPP Administration
- Please set up your 2015–16 test administrations in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) by December 1, 2015.
- For 2015–16, several new user roles are available within TOMS. Please refer to the 2015–16 User Role Guidance document, a short reference sheet for local educational agency (LEA) CAASPP and test site coordinators to use when identifying the appropriate user roles for staff at their site.
- Version 7.2 of the secure browser used for most desktops, laptops, and netbooks during the 2014–15 CAASPP administration is set to expire on December 31, 2015. Version 7.2 will not be operable after that date; therefore, it is important that LEAs begin their upgrade to version 8.0 to ensure their readiness for the 2015–16 administration of the Smarter Balanced Online Summative Assessments.
- TOMS will experience scheduled downtime from 8 p.m. Pacific time (PT) on Monday, December 28, 2015, to 9 p.m. PT on Sunday, January 3, 2016.
- The Test Administrator Interface will experience scheduled downtime from 9 p.m. PT on Wednesday, January 13 to 9 p.m. on Monday, January 18, 2016.
- As of October 15, 2015, your username for the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), the Test Administrator (TA) Interface, TA Practice and Training Tests, Interim Assessment Viewing System, Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System, and Online Reporting System is your e-mail address.
- California educators are invited to show interest in handscoring the 2015–16 CAASPP Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for ELA (short text and essay responses) or mathematics (short text responses)—Apply now!
California Testing in 2015–16
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this Web site to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for the 2015 test administration.
LEAs are administering three types of tests in 2015:Smarter Balanced Tests:
- English language arts/literacy and mathematics in grades 3–8 and grade 11
- California Standards Tests (CSTs) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10
- California Modified Assessment (CMA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the eligibility requirements to take this instead of a CST for Science
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the CAPA requirements
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for Reading/Language Arts—grades 2–11 (optional)
- Tests in English–language arts and mathematics in grades 3–8 and grade 11