Interim Assessment Administration Resources
These resources support the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments.
Interim Assessment User Guide—Select this link to expand or collapse the list of downloadable options. (Posted 09/22/16)
- Guide to CAASPP Completion Status and Roster Management—Manual is forthcoming.
- Student Assessment Results (SAR) Extract Dictionary —New file is forthcoming.
- Quick Start Guide: ART User File Upload (September 2017)
- Quick Start Guide: Manage Student Groups (September 2017)
- ART Interim Assessment Reporting System User File Upload Process (August 2017)
- Interim Assessment Viewing System Quick Reference Guide (July 2017)
- Manner of Administration Tip Sheet (September 2017)
- Instructions for Using Embedded Glossaries
- Smarter Balanced Guidelines for Read Aloud, Test Reader
- Scribing Protocol for Smarter Balanced Assessments
Training Videos and Resources
- Digital Library and Interim Assessment Clinic (September/October 2017)
- Smarter Balanced Digital Library and Interim Assessments Update (September/October 2016)
- California Department of Education Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Video Series Web page (March 2016)
- CAASPP in Action Series Flyer
|ICAs Table of Hand Scoring Items and Total Number of Questions Per Test||This document is intended to assist LEA CAASPP coordinators, site coordinators, and test administrators in planning for the administration and local hand scoring of the interim comprehensive assessments (ICA). The table provides key information, including the total number of items appearing on each ICA. This total includes items that are both machine-scored and hand-scored. Also included on this table are the number of items that require local hand scoring on the non-performance task constructed response, the performance task constructed response, and the performance task essay.|
|IABs Table of Hand Scoring Requirements by Subject and Grade||These tables are intended to assist LEAs in planning for the administration and local hand scoring of the Interim Assessment Blocks (IAB). Included in each table are the total number of items on each IAB. The total number of items shown includes both machine-scored and hand-scored items. Each table also provides the number of constructed response and essay items that require local hand scoring.|
|Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments Estimated Times for Hand Scoring Items||This table describes a range of estimated times required to complete the hand scoring portion of the interim assessments.|
|California Department of Education (CDE) Interim Assessments Web page||Additional resources for the interim assessments are available on the CDE Web site.|
|2017–18 Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments At-a-Glance: IABs||This document lists all IABs available by grade level English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics.|