- Chromebooks running Chrome operating system (OS) v72 presented an error when trying to access assessments through the CAASPP secure browser.
- Resolution: This issue was resolved with the Chrome OS v72 update (72.0.3626.117). The update is being pushed out to any Chromebook device that can receive updates. If the auto update feature is not enabled, users must manually update to Chrome OS v72.0.3626.117, or the update will be installed should the auto update feature be reenabled.
- There are two issues with the PDF Interim Comprehensive Assessment (ICA) Individual Student Reports (ISRs) generated from the Interim Assessment Reporting System.
- Issue 1: There is a discrepancy between the Smarter Balanced cut scores provided in the Smarter Balanced Summative Technical Report and the cut scores displayed in English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics ISRs for ICAs. Because of a data conversion issue, the cut scores displayed below the score range graphic are rounded to the 10s place.
- Issue 2: For students with different claim reporting categories for Writing, Listening, and Research/Inquiry, the ELA ISRs for ICAs have incorrect reporting categories associated with these claims. The Reading claim reporting categories are correct.
- The fixes for these issues will be applied to the reporting system and will be available at 8 a.m. on February 21, 2019.
Resolution: The fixes for these issues were applied to the reporting system and were available at 8 a.m. on February 21, 2019 as scheduled.
- Presently, the pause and resume tools in the text-to-speech (TTS) resource are not available in any of the CAASPP practice and training tests accessed
using the Google Chrome browser. There is an open request with Google to address the issue. Because a timeframe for resolution is not immediately available,
students wishing to practice TTS should access a practice or training test must use a compatible web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
Note that there are no issues with any aspect of TTS in the operational assessment using the secure browser.
- The issue with the Manner of Administration for Interim Assessments where the “standardized” test selection at the session-level is not persisting is now fixed. The fix covers all tests taken from 9/4/18 up through 10/18/18 which will cover any future hand-scored tests taken during that timeframe. All tests taken 10/19/18 onward were not impacted.
- Some users may notice that the columns containing counts or percentages in the completion status report Excel file appear
as text instead of numeric values. The columns may be converted to numeric values by using the following steps in Excel:
- Click on the column containing text for numeric conversion
- In the Data menu, select “Text to Columns”
- Click the Finish button
If you have questions or need additional support, please contact CalTAC.
- Users are currently unable to access 2018–19 interim assessment test results due to a technical issue related to the Interim Assessment
Reporting System. This issue will not impact taking interim assessments, but it will delay the receipt of the results.
While most functions of the Interim Assessment Reporting System are fully operational, the ability to view student responses are limited
to multiple-choice (single and multiple selection) item types. A fix to allow the viewing of student responses for all item types is
expected the week of September 24th. We will let you know as soon as this fix has been implemented.
Resolution: A fix has been made to the Interim Assessment Reporting System and all functions are now operational. Users will be able to see student responses to all item types.