Test Administrator Resources for Summative Assessments
These resources support administration of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments and California Science Tests (CAST).
- 2018–19 CAASPP Online Test Administration Manual (Posted 01/08/19)
- Guide to CAASPP Completion Status and Roster Management (Posted 10/18/18)
Calculator Availability and Sample Calculators
Certain sections of the Smarter Balanced Online Assessments for Mathematics for grades six through eight and grade 11, the Smarter Balanced summative mathematics assessments are divided into two sections: Calculator Available and Calculator Not Available.
- Grades three through five: No calculator used for on-screen Smarter Balanced assessment
- Grade six: Four-function Calculator
- Grades seven and eight: Scientific Calculator
- High school/grade eleven: Graphing Calculator
- Smarter Balanced Translated Test Directions (non-embedded)
- CAST Translated Test Directions (non-embedded)
- Multiplication Table
A non-embedded accommodation (mathematics) only for students with an individualized education program (IEP) or Section 504 plan only in grades four through eight and grade eleven.
- 100s Number Table
A non-embedded accommodation (mathematics) only for students with an IEP or Section 504 plan only in grades four through eight and grade eleven.
- The CAST field tests for grades eight and high school include a periodic table and reference sheets that students access during online testing as universal tools. These grade-level reference materials may be accessed to print and use as non-embedded designated supports for the CAST; there is no requirement to use these materials in the classroom. These reference tools are not meant to guide instruction. See the Printing Enlarged Science Reference Tools quick start guide if the student requires a science reference tool to be enlarged and printed on 11x17 paper by the test administrator.
- Periodic Table of the Elements for Grade Eight and High School
- Grade Eight Reference Sheet (Posted 11/01/17)
- High School Reference Sheet (Posted 11/01/17)
Test Administrator Instructions
- Quick Reference Guide—How to Start a Test Session (Posted 03/28/17)
- Test Administrator Checklist (Posted 01/09/18)
- Instructions for Using Embedded Glossaries
- Smarter Balanced Guidelines for Read Aloud, Test Reader
- Scribing Protocol for Smarter Balanced Assessments
- 2018–19 CAASPP Test Security Affidavit for Test Administrators, Test Examiners, Proctors, Translators, Scribes, and Any Other Person Having Access to CAASPP Tests (Posted 05/08/18)
For resources supporting administration of the California Alternate Assessments:
See the California Alternate Assessments web page.