CAASPP and ELPAC: Systems Resume
CAASPP email update, July 5, 2023.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
CAASPP and ELPAC systems have resumed operation after being updated to support CAASPP and ELPAC testing.
The following updates have been made to the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) :
- The Initial Alternate ELPAC is now available along with the Initial ELPAC.
- The secure Directions for Administration and Picture Cards will be available in TOMS.
- The nonsecure Preparing for Administration (PFA) documents for the Initial Alternate ELPAC have been removed from TOMS. PFAs can now be accessed on the CAASPP-ELPAC Moodle Training Site and on the Initial Alternate ELPAC Test Administration web page.
- Users previously added to the 2023–24 administration year have rolled over and now have access to that year in TOMS. LEA coordinators can continue to upload, or individually add their site coordinators, test administrators, and test examiners into TOMS.
- The primary LEA coordinator, as well as the superintendent, can add and delete secondary LEA coordinator roles in TOMS.
Additionally, updates have been made to the following systems:
Test Administrator Interface
The test administrator interface has been updated to a cleaner, more user-friendly appearance. This includes new functionality that allows test administrators and examiners to pin specific students to the top of the page while monitoring testing. For questions or guidance, contact your region's Success Agent.
Test Delivery System
Changes to Ending a Test—The process of ending a test in the student testing interface has been streamlined. The [End Test] button will no longer be used as part of the process to submit a test. Instead, when the [Next] button is selected on the final item of a test, students will be taken straight to the Test Review screen where answers can be reviewed. Then students will select the [Submit Test] button and the [Yes] button to confirm to end the test as usual.
Teacher Hand Scoring System
The Teacher Hand Scoring System has been enhanced with new navigation and communication features. New enhancements and features include the following:
- The dashboard now displays all assessments that require hand scoring along with the number of students and items that require scoring.
- Scorers can comment on student responses or assessments before assigning the assessment to another scorer.
- User interface design changes were made to the scoring and related materials page to enhance the overall user experience.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page