Moodle Training Site Information
The Moodle Training Site (Moodle) allows teachers and administrators to access training for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). The CAASPP consists of Smarter Balanced for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics, the California Science Test (CAST), the California Spanish Assessment (CSA), and the California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA, mathematics, and science. The ELPAC consists of the Initial ELPAC, Summative ELPAC, Initial Alternate ELPAC, and the Summative Alternate ELPAC.
Moodle includes required and optional training courses, presented in the following table.
Initial and Summative ELPAC
Initial and Summative Alternate ELPAC
Administration and Scoring Training Information
- Alternate ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings web page
- Initial ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings web page
- Summative ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings web page
Administration and Scoring Training Site
The LEA coordinator must log on to the Administration and Scoring Training (AST) site and select the appropriate [Moodle Training Site] button to access the Moodle enrollment keys. Access codes for each program were emailed to the primary coordinator.
Within the AST site, coordinators can:
- Access Moodle enrollment keys for the LEA certification course.
- Access the appropriate Moodle enrollment key(s) for trainers and test examiners.
- Request Moodle reporting access for up to three staff for all programs.
- Order picture cards for Alternate ELPAC.
- Download the Moodle User template to have multiple Moodle user accounts created.
Moodle Training Site User Guide
Resources for LEA Coordinators
- CAASPP Test Administrator Tutorial: Moodle At-A-Glance (Posted 03/08/22)
- CAA Test Examiner Tutorial: Moodle At-A-Glance (Posted 03/08/22)
- Initial ELPAC Test Examiner Training and Calibration: Moodle Template Letter (Posted 07/25/22)
- CAASPP Test Administrator Tutorial: Moodle Template Letter (Posted 01/11/23)
- CAA Test Examiner Tutorial: Moodle Template Letter (Updated 08/18/23)
For questions about access codes, contact your LEA Success Agent .
For questions about accessing and using Moodle, contact the Sacramento County Office of Education at email@example.com. This mailbox is monitored Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please allow 24 hours to receive a response to your inquiry and 48 hours to process Moodle template requests.
Last Reviewed: September 8, 2022