This page contains resources for technology coordinators and other local educational agency (LEA) staff responsible for managing the technology for online California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) testing.
Secure Browsers web page
- A secure browser is required on every student device for online testing.
- The Secure Browsers web page provides information about supported operating systems and devices, and how to download a secure browser to supported devices.
Web-based Student Testing Interface
- The Student Testing Interface should be used for administering the Interim Assessments remotely.
Network and System Diagnostics
Network Diagnostics web page
- This web page allows users to select the test and expected number of test takers to which reports network download and upload capacity to verify adequate bandwidth for testing.
CAASPP and ELPAC Technical Specifications and Configuration Guide for Online Testing
- This manual provides detailed information about hardware and software, peripheral equipment requirements, as well as details on network and secure browser configuration.
- The Technology Coordinator Checklist is meant to organize the activities necessary to ensure the successful administration of the CAASPP and ELPAC assessments, including interim assessments.
CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page
ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page
- These web pages display dates when various systems will be unavailable for testing.
- They include regular weekend maintenance dates that will be used only if needed.
Technical Issues and Enhancements
CAASPP Known Issues Log web page
ELPAC Known Issues Log web page
- These web pages display known issues that have an impact on testing and resolutions to the issues once identified.
CAASPP System Enhancements web page
ELPAC System Enhancements web page
- These web pages include planned system enhancements and estimated release dates.
CAASPP Coordinator Emails web page
ELPAC Coordinator Emails web page
- These web pages display links to email communications that were sent to LEA coordinators, technology coordinators, and other LEA staff.
- Archived emails contain information about updates to supported operating systems and browsers, as well as planned system downtime.
Technology Readiness Checker for Students (TRCS)
Technology Readiness Checker for Students
How to Use the Technology Readiness Checker for Students
Technology Readiness Checker for Student Support Guidelines
- The TRCS is a game-like tool students navigate to create a storyboard. The navigation through the TRCS is similar to the navigation used in a computer-based assessment and can be used to identify the student’s technology readiness.
- The TRCS is not an assessment, does not provide scores, and is entirely optional.