This page contains resources for parents and guardians to support their child with online California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) testing.
Preparing for State Testing in 2020–21
- This website includes information about state testing in spring 2021, how to take an assessment at home, instructions for downloading the secure browser, as well as videos and quick reference guides to support students, parents, and guardians.
CAASPP Starting Smarter website
ELPAC Starting Smarter website
- The Starting Smarter websites help parents understand student scores and reports, view sample test questions, and provide additional free resources to support your child’s learning.
Practice and Training Tests
Practice and Training Tests web page
- This web page provides students guest access to practice and training tests. Select “Sign In” as a Guest User and Guest Session to take a practice or training test with your child. Select your child’s grade and choose a practice or training test for the following tests:
- Smarter Balanced English-language arts or mathematics
- California Alternate Assessments for English-language arts or mathematics
- California Science Test
- California Spanish Test
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
- Alternate ELPAC
Technology Readiness Checker for Students
- The Technology Readiness Checker for Students (TRCS) is a game-like tool students navigate to create a storyboard. The navigation through the TRCS is similar to the navigation used in a computer-based assessment and can be used to identify your child’s technology readiness for online testing.
- The TRCS is not an assessment and does not provide scores.