This page contains resources for parents and guardians to support their child with online California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) testing.
Parents and guardians may be notified by their child's school that their child will need to complete testing remotely due to closures or other circumstances.
- How to Take a Remote Test—English (Video; 07:57) (Posted 01/21/22)
- Cómo tomar una prueba remota (Vídeo; 10:19) (Posted 01/21/22)
Student Scores and Results Resources
The Starting Smarter websites help parents understand student scores and reports, view sample test questions, and provide additional free resources to support your child's learning.
- CAASPP Starting Smarter website
- ELPAC Starting Smarter website
Practice and Training Tests
- Practice and Training Tests web page
This web page provides students guest access to practice and training tests. Select "Sign In" as a Guest User and Guest Session to take a practice or training test with your child. Select your child's grade and choose a practice or training test for the following tests:
- Smarter Balanced English-language arts or mathematics
- California Alternate Assessments for English-language arts or mathematics
- California Science Test
- California Spanish Assessment
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
- Alternate ELPAC
Technology Readiness Checker for Students
- Technology Readiness Checker for Students
- How to Use the Technology Readiness Checker for Students
- Technology Readiness Checker for Student Support Guidelines
The Technology Readiness Checker for Students (TRCS) is a game-like tool students navigate to create a storyboard. The navigation through the TRCS is similar to the navigation used in a computer-based assessment and can be used to identify your child's technology readiness for online testing.
The TRCS is not an assessment and does not provide scores.