SSRs that LEAs provide to parents/guardians are available electronically.
2022–23 Student Score Reports (SSRs) Timeline
The following table provides estimated release dates of 2022–23 SSRs in TOMS and SISs.
|SSR Type||Pages Per SSR||Estimated Release|
|California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics*||4||June 1, 2023|
|California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA and mathematics||4||September 18, 2023|
|California Science Test (CAST)**||2||June 1, 2023|
|CAA for Science||2||September 2023|
|California Spanish Assessment (CSA)||2||September 18, 2023|
* After the first release of results, the ongoing release of SSRs will occur daily.
** The Student Score Data Files and the Test Results for California's Assessments website will display California Science Test (CAST) results for the graduating students in grade twelve, including students who took the high school CAST in grade ten or grade eleven.
SSR Cover Letter Templates
SSR cover letter templates are available for LEA staff to customize and send to parents/guardians along with the child's SSR. SSR cover letter templates are available for CAASPP, CAAs, and CSA in English, Spanish, Standard Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, Arabic, and Russian. These letters are an optional resource and are not required to be sent with the SSR.
CAASPP Student Data File Layout
- 2022–23 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Posted 05/23/23)
- 2021–22 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Posted 05/26/22)
- 2020–21 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Posted 07/12/21)
- 2020–21 CAA for Science Preliminary Indicator Data Layout (Posted 08/19/21)
CAASPP Smarter Balanced Student Growth Report
- CDE Growth Model web page
- CAASPP Smarter Balanced Student Growth Report File Layout (Update 06/16/2021)
Guides and Videos
- California Educator Reporting System (CERS) User Guide
- CAASPP Scoring and Reporting Guide
- How to Access Student Score Reports
- How to Access Results
- 2022–23 CAASPP Assessment Target Reports FAQs (Posted 06/20/23)
Last Reviewed: May 25, 2023