Student Score Reports (SSRs) for 2020–21
For this test administration year, the additional flexibility offered in test administration impacts the timeline for reporting 2020–21 results. LEAs may receive electronic SSRs and Student Score Data Files later than they had in prior years for the following reasons:
- Additional analyses are being performed to ensure the validity of the results across remote and in-person testing.
- Because of the extension of the test administration window to July 30, 2021, and the flexibility offered, it may take a longer than it does in a typical year for results from enough representative test takers across the state to be received to be able to conduct these analyses.
To view a sample SSR for each of the content areas, visit the CAASPP Sample Student Score Reports web page.
|SSR Type||Pages Per SSR||Estimated Release|
|Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics||4||July 2021|
|California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA and mathematics||4||September 2021|
|California Science Test (CAST)||2||July 2021|
|CAA for Science*||2||N/A|
|California Spanish Assessment (CSA)**||2||September 2021|
*For the 2020–21 administration year, preliminary indicators are reported for the CAA for Science. These can be shared with parents and guardians at the local educational agency’s (LEA’s) discretion. For information, please visit the California Department of Education’s (CDE’s) Preliminary Indicator Communication Toolkit web page.
**For the 2020–21 administration year, percent correct will be reported for the CSA.
CAASPP Student Data File Layout
- 2020–21 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Coming Soon)
- 2020–21 CAASPP Sample Student Data File (Coming Soon)
- 2019–20 CAA for Science and CSA Preliminary Indicator Data Layout (Posted 07/28/2020)
- 2019–20 CAASPP Student Data File Layout (Updated 07/27/2020)
CAASPP Smarter Balanced Student Growth Report
- CDE's Growth Model website
- 2016–17 through 2018–19 CAASPP Smarter Balanced Student Growth Report File Layout (Posted 06/14/2021)
General Information and Instructions
- Creating Groups in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) (Video; 06:50) (Posted 12/23/20)
- 2020–21 California Educator Reporting System (CERS) User Guide (Posted 10/29/20)
- 2020–21 CAASPP Post-Test Guide
Providing Student Score Reports
SSRs are available electronically, and LEAs can provide SSRs to parents/guardians. Information about transitioning to electronic SSRs can be found on the Student Score Report Options web page.
- How to Download Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS (Video; 04:55) (Posted 10/20/20)
- How to Download Student Score Report PDF Files in TOMS (Updated 08/12/20)
- How to Generate Credentials for Student Information System Vendors (Posted 01/31/20)
- How to Regenerate Credentials for Student Information System Vendors (Posted 01/31/20)
Last Reviewed: May 10, 2021